The time has come again for us to sit back and think, “what will my New Year’s resolution be this time?” As we all know, New Year’s resolution are usually start off strong, but by the end of the first week, we tend to just give up all together. What if there was a way to stay on track; what if there was a SMART way to go about your resolution?
When creating your resolution, try to keep five words in mind; Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, and Time-Bound.
1. Make sure your goal is specific, making it clear to all and most importantly you, what your goal is!
2. Try to create a goal in which you are able to keep track and measure your progress, so you are able to see if changes need to be made to help you stay on track!
3. Don’t try to solve world hunger on your first try; choose a goal that is realistically attainable by you. Think big, but also use smaller milestones to get you close to your bigger goals as you go!
4. Make sure your goal is relevant to your life. Historically, goals set for oneself stemming from an objective of revenge or self-hate, tend to fail very quickly. Make sure your goal is made for all the right reason!
5. Most importantly, make sure to set a timeline for yourself. Set daily goals, and deadlines to always keep you on your toes. This will not only help you stay on track, but you will be able to see your progress more clearly which will propel you forward as you!
By staying SMART, you will be able stay on track and most importantly reach your goal by year’s end! Until of course, it’s time to do it all over again.